Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gratitude, and my Thank You day



Friends, I want to share this with you. I wrote it on the 10th of February one year ago. I was having a grief-stricken day, when all I wanted to do was be in my head. So I skipped school, said fuck it to the world, and wrote. I ran, I sat, I stared, and...I wrote.

It was a day that started off filled with morose sobbing, but ended up being one of the most beautiful, memorable days I have experienced to date. And I want to share it with all of you beautiful people because...well...I just want to share it. It's humanity, is why. This whole thing, we're all just humans!

Hope you all are having a lovely day. And if not so far, maybe you'll end up having one of these. A day to be grateful. <3



February 10

The sun is giving me information. Spilling its guts, letting me in. Right now, at 3:38 PM, it is warming this book, illuminating this act. Me. This mattress receives it all. As the palm frond jets in front of my window. Old window, leaking air. Santa Monica airport fly-zone and the quiet clinking of my roommate's dining. I would love to nap as a distant car alarm sounds. But I'd rather be here, in this moment, while the sun talks to me in my room and my stomach bubbles in agreement.


I drive to Malibu




THANK YOU thank you thank you!!!

I ran all of this way to feel this warmth on my face, to feel this breeze on my chest and to touch the ocean with you by my side

THANK YOU for giving me this breath

THANK YOU for giving me these tears, this chance to be here

on the line between rise and set

The chance to chase the setting sun. To sit on this mass of concrete under this cliff, to watch the tide pools gather, to leave my sneakers behind, to watch the seagulls take flight and to feel connected to the man over there saying a prayer.



Thank you for telling me the stories of rocks.



THANK YOU for this appreciation

for making me laugh out loud all by myself

and to hear that silly little pug bark

This most honest moment here with you will be the best moment yet.



You've given me my spirit, my will and my smile, my heart, my hands and my feet. You've given me this.

THANK YOU FOR THIS "THANK YOU"



On the line between rise and set



Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. This is precious Adie, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Fu! I deleted my previous comment through a weird coincidence ...Anyway, thank you. It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete